Oct 15, 2010

~ An Evening With Forest Whitaker ~


Disclosure: Buick provided me 2 tickets to the Black Persectives Tribute: honoring Forest Whitaker & 2 passes to The Wit after-party. I was not asked, or compensated, to write, or comment on the event, any products, or otherwise. My opinions and viewpoints here are my own and were not solicited.




Oscar winner actor Forest Whitaker receives the Chicago International Film Festival's Career Achievement award at Chase Auditorium on October 9, 2010 at the Chase Auditorium in chicago, Illinois. Fame Pictures, Inc



I have admired Forest Whitaker his entire career. Outstanding performances, being able to peel layers off characters, and revealing to us, a humbled, tortured side of the spirit - which has often amazed me. In "The Crying Game" we were awed that he could tackle dialect and alternative lifestyles seamlessly.

As a director, "Waiting To Exhale" was the Black-Woman-Done-Wrong anthem. "Hope Floats" dictated triumph when life kicks you in the behind. My response to both of these movies was an immediate "MUST HAVE" in my film library.

From Fast Times at Ridgemont High to Platoon (my child is named after one of the characters), Bird, to The Last King of Scotland, Forest Whitaker's visions have haunted and entertained me. Imagine my delight when I was told I could participate in the 46th Chicago Film Festival and The Black Perspectives Tribute in honoring him.

Photo courtesy of Houseonahillorg




The evening provided insight to a marksman's mind. He nails with his quirky, often eccentric, performances. Forest was gracious mingling with us the entire evening.

Buick, also present as sponsor of the 46th Chicago Film Festival, was incredible hosting, common folk and Chicago's finest alike, at The Wit Hotel after the Q & A Regina Taylor conducted.

Fun and magic ~ what an evening!

No comments: